So I have been saying for a while now, I am almost 30... I think I can say that, being in my upper 20's and all. But this birthday, my 29th birthday set in the reality that yikes, I ammm almost 30! Holy Cow!
Growing up, birthdays had always been special in my family, getting to have that one day set aside just for you! Getting married, of course I brought that expectation in :) So after discussion, and agreement on what we like as our little family, Ken had a birthday surprise for me. Actually he spoiled me all week, bringing me little gifts each day after work. Bragging here, can I say best hubby ever! Yep :) We like to give each other "experience gifts"/adventures for birthdays. He wanted to do something different and on the affordable side, so we went to a dog show, yep a dog show! The night before we watched the mocumentary,
Best in Show, see the trailer below:
Funny how people match their dogs, and that was true with our experience :) This post is a little picture heavy, enjoy!
Us at the Dog Show near San Diego - 11 show rings in all! We missed some of the dogs due to traffic, but the ones we saw were awesome!

Poodles being groomed!
My favorite, English Sheep Dogs - I want one so bad! Do you remember the Shaggy Dog movie?

And of course dogs looking like their owners :)
This lil' guy threw up right before he went in the ring; "stage fright?" :)
Also, Ken now wants an Irish Hound Dog! They are huge!
These two had matching hair :)
Second stop: Del Mar Horse Track
Video 1: At the starting gate
Video 2: And they're off!






No comments:
Post a Comment